Exfoliation involves the removal of the oldest dead skin cells on the skin's outermost surface. Exfoliation is involved in the process of all facials, during microdermabrasion or chemical peels at medical spas.On this weeks episode we really dig into some more advanced skincare techniques that can take your skin to new heights.
The technique we are going to talk about this week is one that EVERYONE should be doing regularly, but most people do incorrectly... leading to major, potentially irreversible skin damage.
We are talking about exfoliation - with the beauty advisor's special guest Pamela Springer
The point of exfoliation - as you probably know - is to get rid of dry, dull, dead skin cells to reveal smooth, bright, youthful skin underneath.
It's also important for making sure your skincare products aren't "blocked" from absorbing deeply into skin...
Not to mention, preventing clogged and enlarged pores that come from having too much dead skin buildup.
Most Common Exfoliation Mistakes
MOST of the methods people use to exfoliate their skin do more harm than good in the long run.
Ask yourself... have you ever made any of the following Major Exfoliation Mistakes?
- Used a facial exfoliating cleanser containing visible plastic beads
- Used a facial exfoliating cleanser containing crushed walnut shells or powdered apricot pits
- Used a mechanical spinning brush more than three times a week
- Scrubbed facial skin daily for more than 4 days in a row
- Used a "magic puff" (a pink brillo-pad type scrubber for the face)
- Used any at-home exfoliant or peel that left skin dry, red, or flaky
- Had a chemical peel done outside of a doctor's office
- Skipped exfoliating altogether for more than 1 week
The first step is to immediately switch to a gentle daily exfoliant. You'll know it's gentle because there's no harsh scrubbing involved, no burn, and it leaves skin feeling smooth and fresh.
If you do choose a scrub, choose one with a fine, "sandy" type of texture that doesn't feel irritating, and scrub carefully.
Alternatively, you can mix a little yogurt with some honey, rub it into your skin, and wear it as a mask once a week. The enzymes in the yogurt and the sugar from the honey will provide the exact level of basic exfoliation most people need. Visit www.globalskin-solutions.com
for a $ 25.00 discount use code beautyshow