Everyday Habits That Are Making You Look Years Older
Sure, a glass of wine has some heart-health benefits, but drinking too much alcohol can parch your skin, damage your teeth, and lead to lethargy and cognitive decline.
This isn't a lecture about skipping sunscreen or smoking (though you should quit doing both!). In fact, it may come as a shock that these seemingly harmless habits are aging you, big-time.
1. Rubbing your eyes when you're tired or stressed breaks down the collagen and elasticity in the skin, causing premature wrinkles and broken capillaries. Time to let that go; try a cool compress instead.
2. fat-free diet can cause dry skin, hair loss, and brittle nails--not exactly hallmarks of a youthful glow. The good fats found in avocados, nuts, and olive oil are essential to a healthy diet.
3. If you stay up late watching Netflix, it's eventually going to show. A healthy seven or eight hours a night works for most people, but you may need even more as you age.
4. That hot shower may help wake you up, but the scalding water wreaks havoc on your skin and hair, stripping away natural moisture and leading to duller locks and dry, flaky skin.
5.That sweet tooth does more than cause cavities: It means the body has to break down extra sugars, a process called glycation, which damages the collagen that keeps skin smooth and firm.
6. Many women are strict about a good facial care regimen--and neglect their dry hands, one of the most telltale signs of aging. Make hand lotion a nightly habit, and consider wearing gloves if washing dishes.
7. Still mad at an old friend? Let it go--hanging on to stale anger can lead to wrinkles, stress, and depression.
8. If you're crazy about your coffee, remember that it acts like a diuretic and leads to dry, washed out skin and stained teeth. Think about cutting back, and remember to load up on water (and to brush) after you sip.9. Stress increases the hormone cortisol, which can lead to high blood pressure and stubborn belly fat. To combat it, try regular exercise (even if it's just walking) and deep breathing.
When it Come to hair and makeup, many of us do our best to look younger. but if you're guilty of any of these habits, you may be sabotaging your efforts
Sponsor an episode learn more https://www.advertisecast.com/37
Listen in on iTunes
Listen in on google play music